As summer comes, it brings a lot of scorching heat which tends to cause many skin problems. It effects everyone but basically babies feel more heat than us and so, prickly heat rashes are quite common in them. In order to prevent this, it is very important to keep them cool.
Apart from heat, there are many other reasons :
– excessive use of powder which blocks the pores and sweat gets block
-Unhealthy and Junk Food consumption
-Less water intake
-Lot of Physical activities
As reasons describe these rashes can simply be avoided by following healthy lifestyle and Keeping the body cool during hot summers.
But in case, if your baby somehow got these rashes, tackle them simply by these safe home remedies.
1. Baking Soda Bath. Add 2 teaspoon baking soda in a tub filled with cool water and exfoliate your baby for 10-15 minutes in it. High Anti-bacterial properties of baking Soda helps to recover the rashes by patting them down. Also, let the body air dry after each and every bath. Don’t rub using towel.
2. Potato Slices. Rub the affected area with potato slices and leave it for half an hour. Then, wipe it gently. This can be repeated after 3-4 hours in a day.
3. Cold Compress. Pack some ice cubes in a clean washcloth and press it on affected area.
4. Indian Gooseberries (Amla). In many parts of India, people love eating gooseberry sauce (chutney) in summers. It is really helpful to bring down the body heat. In case of already affected prickly, one can soak the pieces of gooseberries in a earthen pot full of water overnight and strain this water next morning. Add a spoonful of honey. Having this drink helps recovering body heat from inside.
5. Garcinia Indica (Kokum). Dried Kokum can also be used in place of Indian Gooseberries for the above drink.
6. Margosa (Neem) – Sandalwood Paste. Grind 10-15 Margosa (Neem) leaves and add sandalwood powder which is easily available in Ayurvedic shops. Make a smooth paste and apply it thoroughly over the affected area. Let it dry partly and wash it off. It heals prickly very fast due to the awesome combination of anti-bacterial property of margosa and cooling property of sandalwood.
7. Fuller’s Earth ( Multani Mitti ) – Make a paste using 4-5 spoonful Fuller Mud and Rose water and apply it over the affected area. Keep it till it partially dry and then wash it off.
8. Aloe Vera Gel. Peel a leaf of Aloe Vera and extract gel out of it or simply buy Aloe Vera gel from the market. Apply and massage it gently over the affected area.
9. Mint Tea. Boil 6-7 mint leaves in water, strain it and let it cool down. Drinking this water helps to bring down temperature and hence, cools the skin too.
10. Oatmeal Bath. Take a cup full of grounded Oatmeal and soak it in a tub of cool water for a while. Now let the affected person get soaked in this solution for up to 15 minutes.
Also, there are many fruits and veggies which help cooling down the body heat like melons, cucumbers, onions, plum, papaya, ginger and lime juice. Adding these food items in your eating habit will help in recovering and preventing the prickly heat. For other details go through http://mychocopie.in/summer-shaded-10-ways-keep-kids-cool-hot-summer/
Avoid harsh soaps and Oil based ointments and creams rather you can use drops of lavender essential oil in water to wipe the affected areas. Don’t scratch to relieve the itching, it will only worsen the condition. Use cotton cloths and keep the room cool. Also, keep your baby and yourself well hydrated. Drink a lot of water. Add fluids in your diet.
These Remedies are quite safe and can be used on anyone. Try them and share other remedies too. Comments are welcome.